- The CSA season runs from late May/early June until late October/early November
- Free Choice – CSA should be about people getting the veggies they want, so I offer free choice of which veggies you take home – and you don’t have to decide until you see what I have to offer.
- Share contents: Primarily veggies, but also herbs and some flowers – Selection changes with the seasons and the option for personalizing your share contents makes this a very flexible program, which our customers tell us they value.
- 3 share sizes exist – extra-small, small and large (more detail below).
- Some of the veggies I grow include:
Arugula, basil, beans, beets, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, chard, cilantro, cucumbers, dill, garlic, kale, kohlrabi, leeks, lettuce, onions, peas, peppers (sweet & hot), radishes, spinach, squash, tomatoes, turnips and zucchinis.
There are four pick-up options:
Collingwood (8:00 – 11:00 am at Collingwood Farmers’ Market)
Clarksburg (3:30-5:30 at the Honey House)
Thornbury (11:00-2:00 at Thornbury Farmers Market)
Farm (Thursday’s & Saturdays *Pre-packed baskets with the option to swap)
Pricing for the 2017 Summer CSA are as follows:
Extra Small Shares – Ideal for individuals who don’t need too much, this option offers 3 items per week. Investment: $240
Small Shares – Perfect for Veggie-LOVIN’ Individuals or Most Couples. Investment: $400
Full Shares – Ideal for Small Families or Couples who LOVE Their Veggies. Investment: $560
We accept cash, cheques or e-mail money transfers. Cheques are to be made payable to “Mike Reid” and mailed to:
587530 9th Sideroad, RR 1
Clarksburg, ON N0H 1J0
$100 deposit holds your spot and payments can be made all at once or broken into monthly payments with post-dated cheques at no extra charge.
Here are a few of the comments I have gathered from my anonymous survey that is sent out to all CSA members…
“Thanks for your dedication to feeding us so well”
“Keep up the good work, it’s an awesome program and we love being a part of it”
” We loved the handful of flowers from time to time! Loved that the pick-ups continued beyond market season.”
“Thanks for another great season Mike! It is so great knowing where and who our food is coming from!”
“This was an enjoyable experience.”
“I love the mixed greens and the ground cherries!”
“Please do not stop!”
“Keep up the good work!”
“You are doing a great job. We feel fortunate to have found you and participate in this program. Good luck with the planting. See you next May 24.”