2018 Marks the Pilot Year of our Brand New
“Greens & Tomato
Choose how many items you want each week (1-8 per week).
Pick ups are weekly and members get to choose from the selection of seasonal specialty greens or tomatoes that are in season. Available items may include:
- Our Classic Salad Blend
- Spicy Salad Mix
- Baby Kale
- Pea Shoots
- Microgreens Blend
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Beefsteak Tomatoes
- Saladette Tomatoes (medium size)
- Heirloom Tomatoes
I grow a diversity of vegetables, herbs and flowers at the farm, however only the above listed items will be available for the Greens CSA. What this means is, if you desire more vegetables, you can purchase them extra when you come to pick up your greens and tomatoes.
How it works:
Members sign up for the number of items they want each week (1-8) and pay for their share in advance. As a thank you for an investment before the season starts, members receive 20% off the price of the product they receive. Each item holds a market value of $5, however CSA members pay only $4/item.
The program will run Seasonally with the first season being Summer, 2018. The program is 20 weeks long and will start late May/early June depending on the spring weather conditions.
Who will enjoy the Greens CSA?
This option is perfect for:
- The home or community gardener already growing some food
- Those who know they simply love greens (and tomatoes)
- Single and elderly veggies lovers who don’t want too much each week
- Those looking to reduce their food expenses while getting the best quality possible – remember 20% savings!
- Those who are busy, but recognize the importance of nourishing their whole being with “clean fuel”
Spaces will be limitted on this year’s Greens CSA program, and offered on a first come, first serve basis.
Pick-ups Available at:
- The Farm on Thursdays (2-6) or Saturdays (9-5)
- Collingwood Farmers’ Market on Saturdays (8-1)
- Thornbury Farmers’ Market on Sundays (11-2)
What if I can’t make my pick-up? No problem, with advance notice you can pick-up at an alternate location. You can also send others to pick-up your greens & tomatoes.
Unfortunately, due to their perishable nature, weekly shares can’t be rescheduled for other weeks – if you can’t pick them up at on of the four pick-up times, can’t find anyone to pick up on your behalf your greens or tomatoes can be donated to a local food bank or womens’ shelter who will graciously accept them.
For further details or to register
contact Mike the grower by e-mail or phone.